ThePublic Benefits Program helps people resolve problems they experience with programs administered by the Missouri Department of Social Services, including, but not limited to, Blind Pension/Supplemental Aid to Blind, Childcare, Food Stamps, MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind and Disabled (Medicaid) ) including Medicaid spend-down, Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB), Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB), Medicaid – Waiver Home and Community Based Services Programs, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF cash welfare benefits – previously known as AFDC).
The Public Benefits Project can help you if:
- You need representation in an administrative hearing before the Missouri Department of Social Services in a matter involving public benefits;
- You have problems with any of the programs administered by the Missouri Department of Social Services;
- You have been denied Medicaid benefits;
- You have questions about your Medicare Part B or D benefits; or
- Your food stamps have been denied or terminated.
We also provide counsel and advice regarding public benefits matters and conduct community education presentations in our areas of expertise.
- Lucas Caldwell-McMillan, Managing Attorney
- Jamie Rodriguez, Program Director
- Lindsay Antalick, Office Manager
- Kareema Aziz, Public Benefits Specialist
- Pinky Hunter, Public Benefits Specialist
To open a printable pdf version of the Program Brochure, please click here.
Other Helpful Resources
- Click here to locate a federally-qualified health center that serves low-income clients that lack health insurance.
- Click here to learn more about the Medicaid Program and print out a Medicaid application.
- Click here to learn more about the Food Stamp Program, screen yourself for eligibility and print out a Food Stamp application.